SECTIONS
Manila
Saturday, October 23, 2021
MANILA

DOH says PPE procurement done out of urgency

THE Department of Health (DOH) on Thursday, September 16, 2021, reiterated that the transfer of funds to the Procurement Service of the Department of Budget and Management (PS-DBM) was done to immediately provide personal protective equipment (PPE) to healthcare workers at the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, following existing laws, rules and regulations.

“Hindi pwedeng pabayaan natin ang ating healthcare workers na magkasakit o mamatay habang walang supply. Hindi pwedeng dahilan ang kawalan ng supply upang hindi tayo magbigay ng PPE. The government acted out of urgency. Kung hindi tayo nag bayanihan, baka wala pang PPE na nakuha ang ating healthcare workers,” DOH Secretary Francisco Duque III said in a statement.

Further, the Commission on Audit (COA) said during the hearing of the House committee on good governance that there was no finding of overpricing when it audited the PS-DBM and the DOH.

Moreover, COA has previously stated that their report does not mention any findings of funds lost to corruption.

“Kami po sa Kagawaran, we have always been transparent and cooperative with inquiries. Asahan din po ninyo na hindi titigil ang ating pagtugon sa pandemya sa kabila ng mga alegasyong ating hinaharap. Kami rin po ay nagpapasalamat sa COA sa kanilang mga ginawang paglilinaw sa mga alegasyon hinggil sa Kagawaran,” said Undersecretary Charade Mercado-Grande. (PR)


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph