SECTIONS
Bacolod
Thursday, December 09, 2021
BACOLOD

Murder attempt survivor brutally killed in Bacolod City

The bullet-riddled body of Mark Cubos was found at a vacant lot along Circumferencial Road at Barangay Banago in Bacolod City yesterday, September 20. (Contributed photo)

He ran out of luck.

A man, who survived an attempt on his life a year ago, was found dead at a vacant lot along Circumferential Road in Barangay Banago, Bacolod City early morning yesterday, September 20.

Mark Anthony Cubos, 37 of Barangay 6 in Bacolod City, had at least 26 gunshots on his face and head, Police Major Richard Fajarito, chief of Police Station 3, said.

Fajarito said that a concerned citizen informed them that they heard several gunshots near the area where Cubos’ body was found past 1 a.m.

Fajarito narrated that when they arrived in the area, they saw Cubos lying on the ground with his hands handcuffed behind his back and his feet tied with a cloth.

A placard was also recovered near his body with a statement “El vigilante drug lord warrior” written on it, he said.

Cubos was identified through the driver’s license recovered from his possession, the police official added.

Investigators also recovered several empty shells of an M16 rifle from the scene of the crime.

The area was too dark making it difficult for policemen to determine the identities of the suspects aside from the fact that there is no closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera in the area, Fajarito said.

He said they are looking into the possibility that the killing could be drug-related and that there could be more than one perpetrators.

Police records showed that back in September 2020 unidentified suspects shot Cubos in front of a school at Villa Angela Subdivision in the city’s Barangay Estefania.

He survived after seeking help from policemen conducting a checkpoint near Helvetia Heights Subdivision.

As per validation, Cubos has a pending arrest warrant in Police Station 2 for violation of illegal drug charges, Fajarito said.

He theorized that there is a possibility that the perpetrators were the same persons who tried to kill him last year.

Cubos’ cousin, whose name is being withheld, told the police that he has been missing since Sunday.

Fajarito disclosed that they are conducting a thorough investigation to determine if the killing of Cubos is related to that of Glenn Paul Castillo, 42, of Barangay Cabug, who was beheaded last month.

The headless body of Castillo was found on Rosario Street, Barangay 38, while his severed head was found in Purok Sigay, Barangay 2.

A placard was also recovered behind the beheaded body of Castillo with the phrase “Bayad sa utang. Interest pa lang. Perparar ang capital para sa suma total. Halong Bacolod,” written on it. (MAP)


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!