THE office of Cebu City Acting Mayor Michael Rama released Saturday, October 16, the guidelines for this year’s observance of All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day.
The Directive 10-14-01, dubbed "Oplan Kalag Kalag," was signed by Rama on Friday, October 15, 2021.
Below are the highlights:
* October 18 to November 5, 2021
WHO ARE ALLOWED TO VISIT ON NOVEMBER 1-2
* Only fully vaccinated persons aged 18 and 65 years old
OPEN HOUSE ADMISSION
* October 18-October 30
* November 3-5
Persons aged 18 to 65 years old regardless of their Covid-19 vaccination status will be allowed entry on these dates.
Those below 18 years old and above 65, as well as those with comorbidities and pregnant women are required to remain in their residences at all times, except for obtaining essential goods and services, or for work purposes.
TIME OF VISIT
* 5 a.m. to 6 p.m.
REQUIREMENTS UPON ENTRY
* Temperature check and health/symptoms screening
* Vaccination cards
* Valid ID
DEADLINE FOR ALL PREPARATORY JOBS AND ACTIVITIES
* October 25
All preparatory jobs and activities, like cleaning, painting, repair, and putting signages inside and within the premises of cemeteries must be done and completed on or before October 25.
ALLOWED CAPACITY OF CEMETERIES
* Pardo Cemetery -- 350 individuals
* Labangon Bliss Veterans Cemetery -- 250
* Calamba Cemetery -- 350
* Cabantan Cemetery -- 170
* Talamban Cemetery -- 150
* Carreta (Cathedral) Cemetery -- 450
* Carreta (Sto. Rosario) Cemetery -- 110
* Private cemeteries -- Maximum of 50% of capacity
NUMBER OF VISITORS PER GRAVE
* 5 visitors per grave
* Maximum of 1 hour inside cemetery per visitor
Monitoring and enforcement team will constantly check on compliance.
* Only in chapel at 50% indoor capacity
* Schedule: 6 a.m. and 1 p.m.
* Should last for 30 minutes
NOT ALLOWED INSIDE CEMETERIES
* Bringing of food, eating and drinking of alcoholic beverages inside cemeteries, except those that are intended as offering to the dead
* Gambling and other recreational activities
* Vending and selling of merchandise
* Limited entry of vehicles on cemetery vicinity
* Parking space must be located outside of 500-meter radius from cemetery entrance
* Shuttle bus may be provided from designated drop-off points
* Wearing of face mask and face shield
* Physical distancing
* Frequent handwashing or using of disinfectant, alcohol-based sanitizer
* Coughing etiquette
* Stay at home or go home if not feeling well
"All administrators of private and public cemeteries must strictly abide and enforce their own pandemic-related contingency plan and the guidelines provides in this directive in their respective premises," the directive stated. (Laureen Mondoñedo-Ynot)