THE northern Cebu town of Consolacion will close all public cemeteries from October 30 to November 4, 2021 amid the Covid-19 pandemic.
Instead, visitors may pay their respects to their departed loved ones from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. from October 25 to 29, and November 5 to 10, on a schedule made per barangay, the town announced in a Facebook post Saturday.
Visitors must wear their masks and face shields, and present a valid ID.
In the case of senior citizens, they must present a vaccination card or they will be denied entry.
Children under 12 years old are not allowed to visit the town’s public cemeteries in Tayud, Nangka, Pulpogan and Riverside.
The liquor ban is in effect.
The schedule for visits:
- October 25 – Tayud only
- October 26 – Casili and Panas
- October 27 – Pulpogan and Panoypoy
- October 28 – Nangka and Tilhaong
- October 29 – Jugan and Sacsac
- November 5 – Lamac and Polog
- November 6 – Tugbongan and Garing
- November 7 – Pitogo and Tolo-tolo
- November 8 – Cansaga and Cabangahan
- November 9 – Poblacion Occidental and Poblacion Oriental
- November 10 – Lanipga and Danglag
Non-residents of Consolacion may visit its cemeteries before October 25 and after November 10. (CTL)