ABOUT P120,000 worth of properties were destroyed when fire hit a residence in Barangay Luna, Cadiz City, Negros Occidental around 6 p.m. Saturday, November 20.

Arson investigator Fire Officer 1 Jhonnel Salla said an electrical short circuit caused the fire at the house owned by Rodelio Saburnay, 52.

Saburnay said the fire could have been triggered by their unplugged electric fan. He attempted to put off the fire but it was already too late.

He was rushed to the Cadiz City Emergency clinic after sustaining first degree burns.

Saburnay's wife and three children were unhurt.

In Bacolod City, a leaked LPG tank caused a residential fire in Barangay 16 Monday afternoon, November 22.

Arceo Celeste, 59, the house owner, said he was cooking donuts when the fire broke out.

No one was reported hurt in the fire.

The total damage cost is still being determined by the Bacolod City Bureau of Fire Protection.