LAZADA, one of the country's leading eCommerce platforms, took this year’s “11.11” to new heights, pulling off record-setting numbers. From over a billion minutes spent on the app by shoppers region-wide to more than P126 million worth of Lazada Bonus discounts collected, Lazada’s flagship “11.11 Biggest One-Day Sale” continued to be among the most highly anticipated shopping events that draw millions of shoppers together every year.
For those who are curious to know more about how everyone shopped this “11.11,” here are 11 facts from this year’s biggest one-day sale:
1. This year’s 11.11 shoppers enjoyed over eight million of Lazada’s lowest and best deals.
2. With the endless promos and deals available, it’s no wonder that a total of one billion minutes was spent by consumers on the app across the region. That’s like binge-watching Lazada brand ambassadors Bea and Kath’s vlogs 22 million times.
3. A record-breaking 800,000 sellers and brands across the region participated in this year’s “Biggest One-Day Sale of the Year,” of which 200,000 where MSME sellers in the Philippines. It’s like going through 8,000 malls with 100 stores in it, within 24 hours.
4. Lazada Philippines’s “11.11 Super Show” raked in a total of 5.3 million views across all channels—that’s like twice the entire population of Quezon City tuning in during the show. With performances from K-pop superstars Seventeen, Lazada’s regional Happiness Ambassadors, together with local brand ambassadors Bea Alonzo, Alden Richards, Maine Mendoza, SB19 and other beloved Kapuso personalities, it’s no wonder.
5. Filipino shoppers collected a staggering P126 million worth of total discounts from Lazada Bonus on the app. Now that’s a “promonatic” nation.
6. “Ka-Lazadas” also earned a total of P308 million cashback just by shopping on 11.11. That can buy enough lechon to feed 470,000 people.
7. Lazada Wallet transactions were up 15 times more on 11.11 compared to a normal day.
8. Over three million home and living items were sold—enough for every member of the Home Buddies Facebook Community.
9. Filipino fashionistas checked out a total of 2.3 million clothing items. That’s close to one million TikTok OOTDs.
10. In the first 11 minutes of the sale, shoppers also bought a whopping 30,000 mobile phones—this is 2.5 times higher than 2020’s numbers. Pet parents also stocked up on 200,000 pet supplies—that’s enough to clothe or feed the 1,000 animals in the Manila Zoo 200 times.
11. The fastest delivery of an 11.11 purchase was done in under 30 minutes, with romance books and desktop computers. Frozen meat products are a close runner-up with under an hour.
Highlighting that digital acceleration was still on the rise in the country, Lazada Philippines CEO Ray Alimurung said, “We're delighted that our flagship 11.11 shopping festival continues to deliver a best-in-class ‘Shoppertainment’ experience for shoppers, who see Lazada as their one-stop destination to be entertained while having access to top deals, rewards and great content. As more Filipinos embrace a digital economy, we are heartened to see more of our partner brands and sellers leveraging Lazada’s 11.11 as an avenue to effectively reach more new consumers in the country, and increase engagement to drive sales for their business." SPONSORED CONTENT