FIRE gutted two houses in Purok Lerio, Barangay Taculing, Bacolod City past 8 a.m. Tuesday, November 30.

City Fire Marshal Chief Inspector Rodel Legaspi said the fire started from the two-story house owned by Adelberta Perigrino.

Legaspi said Perigrino and his family were outside the house when the fire broke out.

The fire originated at the room of Perigrino's son that was located on the second floor. It rapidly spread to their neighbor's house made of light materials, he said.

The fire was put out past 8 a.m. It destroyed at least P40,000 worth of properties, the Bureau of Fire Protection reported, adding that it could have been triggered by an electrical short circuit.

He said Perigrino admitted that there was a problem on their Wi-Fi device placed inside the room.

Legaspi reminded the public to always check their electrical connections before leaving their houses.

He said they should immediately unplug an appliance if it emits smoke or unusual smell.