FOUR travelers from South Africa, who arrived in Negros Occidental recently, have tested negative for the coronavirus based on their re-swab test results, Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz II confirmed Friday, December 2.
Of the four travelers, three are South African expats who work as consultants of a power firm in the northern part of the province.
Diaz said prior to the release of their re-swab test results, the three did not manifest any symptoms of the disease.
One of them was isolated at a quarantine facility in La Carlota City.
The two other South Africans were under quarantine at a facility in Calatrava town.
The other traveler was a returning overseas Filipino (ROF). He was isolated at a quarantine facility in Pontevedra town.
South Africa was earlier placed under "red list" by the national government following the discovery of the Omicron variant of Covid-19 there.
The provincial government has allayed fears, pointing out that the four travelers arrived in the country prior to the implementation of the ban.
NEGROS. Provincial Administrator lawyer Rayfrando Diaz II says four travelers from South Africa who arrived in the province last week tested negative for coronavirus. (Contributed photo)
December 02, 2021
- A A +
SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce, or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.
Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!