THE year 2021 is a bad year. It brought death, illnesses and gloom throughout the world. No doubt each one had been praying for the corona virus to disappear and never to come back. And Omicron is coming. It will cross all borders. It is inevitable. But let’s not panic. We tamed Delta, we can tame Omicron.
Here are some snippets I wanted to share which some you won’t read in any newspapers. Is it Bongbong, Leni, Yorme or Ping? Who among the four you believe is caring, selfless and whose only intention is to uplfit the living condition of the more than seventy percent of our kababayans living below poverty line.
Here are the tidbits:
* My friend, successful businessman friend from San Luis Romeo Catacutan Is the “King Midas” of Pampanga. He is more known outside Pampanga because of the million views he gets on social media. He is in fuel business.
* Another blogger, Jimmy Santos of Eat Bulaga is also drawing views on his YouTube “Jimmy Saints” by featuring most places in Pampanga. Santos is from Pateros, Rizal but is residing in Noveau Residences in Angeles City for several years now.
* DPWH Director Nomer Canlas was supposed to relieve Regional Director Dong Tolentino as region 3 head and the latter getting transferred to the National Capital Regional office. Instead Canlas was assigned to the NCR.
* Guy Lopez is the new Angeles City Water District (ACWD) general manager. Rey Liwanag retired after his long service. To recall, Rey was assistant to then Engineer Romeo Calara(rip) and assumed office when the latter retired.
* Friends like Raul Aquino, retired Police General Romeo Hilomen and other friends meet each morning on the well developed and very clean Essel Subdivision park and share stories while enjoying breakfasts. Handsome Raul is Steven Siegal look alike.
* Two of my lawyer friends died recently. Atty. Ner Biag Jr. of Angeles City and Adelaido Rivera of Mabalacat.
* The mayoral races in Magalang, Mabalacat, Sto. Tomas and Porac will go down the wire. The incumbents may have the edge but are facing opposition. While in Angeles City, it will be a walk in the park for incumbent Mayor Pogi Lazatin.
* Tarlac Congressman Vic Yap will not be in the coming congressional race for his last and final term, instead his nephew Christian, 37-year-old son of Tarlac Governor Susan Yap will clinch it.
* Like in Pampanga, the gubernatorial race in Tarlac is uninteresting. Governor Dennis Pineda and Governor Susan are sure winners. The not so good news is in the 3rd district of Tarlac. Incumbent Congressman Charlie Cojuangco is in a sickbed seriously ill.
* In the last elections there were no opposition in all the four districts in Pampanga. All run unopposed. Not this time. For example, in the third district the bets for board member is tight. Leading of course is incumbent Jun Canlas, Lucky Labung, Tino Dizon. Followed by Kay Pineda and Michelle Gonzales. (More of such items next time.)
December 06, 2021
- A A +
SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce, or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.
Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!