AT LEAST 56 private higher education institutions (HEIs) in the country are set to increase their tuition and other school fees for Academic Year (AY) 2021-2022.
The Commission on Higher Education (Ched) approved their application for tuition increase through a memorandum issued last December 6, 2021 to directors and officers-in-charge of Ched regional offices and presidents or heads of the 56 HEIs.
Ched Chairman Prospero De Vera said the memorandum was in accordance with the pertinent provisions of Ched Memorandum Order 03, s. 2013 and memorandum from the Office of the Chairperson dated March 24, 2021 regarding guidelines on the recalibration of miscellaneous and other school fees during the Covid-19 pandemic.
It was also based on the reports on the application of private HEIs for increase in tuition and other school fees of 15 Ched regional officers, as well as by virtue of Commission En Banc Resolution 645-2021 and 683-2021, De Vera added.
Below is the list of private HEIs that were allowed to increase their fees:
* Asbury College Inc.
* Colegio de San Juan de Letran-Manaoag
* Dagupan Colleges Foundation
* La Union College of Science and Technology Inc.
* Lorma Colleges
* Northern Christian College
* Northern Philippines College for Maritime Science and Technology
* Virgil Milagrosa University
* Concepcion Holy Cross College
* Dr. Gloria D. Lacson Foundation Colleges Inc.
* Mary The Queen College (Pampanga) Inc.
* Midway College Inc.
* Mount Carmel Baler
* Pampanga Colleges
* Santa Rita College of Pampanga Inc.
* Colegio San Agustin
* De La Salle Lipa
* Malayan Colleges Laguna
* Alfelor Sr. Memorial College Inc., Del Gallego, Camarines Sur
* Holy Trinity College of Camarines Sur, Bato, Camarines Sur
* Our Lady of Lourdes College Foundation, Daet, Camarines Norte
* Siena College Tigaon Inc., Tigaon, Camarines Sur
* University of Northeastern Philippines, Iriga City
* Central Philippines University
* St. Therese-MTC Colleges - La Fiesta
* St. Therese-MTC Colleges – Magdalo
* St. Therese-MTC Colleges – Tigbauan
* Matias H. Aznar Memorial College of Medicine Inc.
* Marian College
* Gingoog City Colleges Inc.
* Misamis University – Oroquieta
* Misamis University – Ozamiz
* North Central Mindanao College
* Our Lady of Triump Institute of Technology
* Philippine College Foundation
* Roman C. Villalon Memorial Colleges
* Southern Capital College
* Stella Maris College
* Holy Child College of Davao
* Holy Cross of Davao College
* University of Mindanao
CORDILLERA ADMINISTRATIVE REGION
* Saint Louis College of Bulanao
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
* Adamson University
* Asian Social Institute
* Ateneo de Manila University
* International Graduate School of Leadership Inc.
* Jose Rizal University
* Lady of Lourdes College of Northern Caloocan
* Manila Adventist College
* Mapua University
* Our Lady of Fatima University – Quezon City
* Our Lady of Fatima University
* Technological Institute of the Philippines – Quezon City
* University of Asia and the Pacific
* University of Perpetual Help System Dalta
January 12, 2022
- A A +
SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce, or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.
Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!