Davao Oriental reimposes curfew, liquor ban

File photo
File photo

THE Provincial Government of Davao Oriental has reimposed curfew and liquor ban in the entire province, following the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) ruling placing the area under Alert Level 3.

Provincial Governor Nelson Dayanghirang signed Executive Order (EO) 01, Series of 2022, effective January 21 to January 31. The curfew and liquor ban will take effect from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m.

Dayanghirang said drinking in public places is not allowed at all times.

In addition, the EO prohibits face-to-face classes, contact sports, funfairs and kid amusements, venues with live performances, casinos and other gambling establishments, and gatherings in residences with individuals not belonging to the same household.

Meanwhile, establishments are allowed to operate at a maximum of 30 percent indoor venue capacity for fully vaccinated individuals only and 50 percent outdoor venue capacity.

IATF placed Davao Oriental, along with Davao de Oro from Alert Level 2 to 3, following the surge in cases in these areas.

Acting presidential spokesperson and Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said earlier that the IATF looks into the two-week growth rate, average daily attack rate, and hospitalization rate as indicators in deciding whether to escalate the level or not.

Davao Oriental Provincial Health Officer II Dr. Reden Bersaldo said during the Inter-agency Consultative Meeting for the Possible Covid-19 Surge held on Tuesday, January 18, in Mati City that he is worried over the sudden increase in the number of cases in the province.

As of January 22, the Department of Health-Davao Region reported 44 new cases in Davao Oriental, bringing the total active cases to 290. Total confirmed cases were at 7,996, with 7,416 recovered, and 290 died from the virus.

Trending

No stories found.

Just in

No stories found.

Branded Content

No stories found.
SunStar Publishing Inc.
www.sunstar.com.ph