ZAMBOANGA City Hall operations were interrupted by a fire Wednesday, June 22, at the back door exit of the mayor’s office.
Mayor Maria Isabelle Climaco-Salazar said the fire broke out around 9 a.m., the origin of which was from a box containing junk wires and some electronics placed on the side of the back door exit that connects to the pantry.
“Alert members of the City Security Unit (CSU) and some employees used fire extinguishers to contain the fire, preventing greater damage,” Salazar said in a statement.
Probers of the Zamboanga City Fire District recovered from a box a cigarette butt suspected to have caused the thick smoke.
Salazar ordered the resumption of work after an hour, as she thanked the CSU and employees who responded as well as the firemen for assisting in the investigation.
Salazar ordered a thorough probe of the incident even as she hinted the possibility of sabotage.(SunStar Zamboanga)
ZAMBOANGA. A fire Wednesday, June 22, at the back door exit of the mayor’s office interrupts the operations of City Hall. A photo handout shows Mayor Maria Isabelle Climaco-Salazar (in pink trouser) together with firemen and City Security Unit inspecting the box containing junk wires and some electronics that caught fire. (SunStar Zamboanga)
June 22, 2022
- A A +
SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce, or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.
Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!