MULTIPLE stab wounds have been said to be the cause of death of the 47-year-old female construction worker in Lapu-Lapu City whose body was found in an abandoned well on June 17, 2022.

Based on autopsy report, 47-year-old Winnie Pepillero, who was left lifeless in an abandoned well in Sitio Guisi, Barangay Agus, sustained multiple stab wounds in her neck and trunk.

Police Major Albert Jay Samson, station commander of the Lapu-Lapu City Police Station 4, told SunStar Cebu on Thursday, June 23, that the person of interest identified as 50-year-old Jose Juvy Cabelleza is nowhere to be found.

Cabelleza had not reported to work since the discovery of Pepillero’s body.

Samson said they are still trying to locate him at any possible area where he could be hiding himself.

Cabelleza, who happened to be Pepillero’s co-worker in a subdivision near the area where the latter was abandoned, is a native of Mindanao and is just working as a stay-in construction worker in Lapu-Lapu City.

Samsom said they already contacted Cabelleza’s neighbors in Mindanao, but the latter informed the police that his family has already transferred residence.

Pepillero, who worked as painter, was reportedly last seen by her co-workers around 6 a.m., several hours prior to the discovery of her body around 4 p.m. of the same day.

Investigation revealed that the victim had been in an argument with Cabelleza concerning their work for about a week prior to the discovery of Pepillero’s body.