DepEd-NegOcc gears up for F2F classes as school year starts August 22

Negros Occidental Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson meets with Provincial Health Officer Dr. Ernell Tumimbang and Negros Occidental Schools Division Superintendent Marsette Sabbaluca to discuss the preparations for the possible resumption of full face-to-face classes in November this year at his office in Bacolod City yesterday, July 12. (Richard Malihan Photo)
Negros Occidental Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson meets with Provincial Health Officer Dr. Ernell Tumimbang and Negros Occidental Schools Division Superintendent Marsette Sabbaluca to discuss the preparations for the possible resumption of full face-to-face classes in November this year at his office in Bacolod City yesterday, July 12. (Richard Malihan Photo)

THE Department of Education (DepEd) Division of Negros Occidental will continue to validate the preparations of public schools in the province amid the proposal to have a full-blown face-to-face (F2F) class in all levels by November this year.

Ian Arnold Arnaiz, information officer of DepEd-Negros Occidental, said yesterday, July 12, that school year 2022 to 2023 will open on August 22, 2022 and will end on July 7, 2023.

The agency, through DepEd Order No. 34, Series 2022, has set the School Calendar and Activities for the School Year 2022 to 2023.

It shall consist of 203 school days or as may be determined by further issuance/s in case of changes in the school calendar due to unforeseen circumstances.

"We are hoping that, before the opening of the next school year we can validate all of the schools under the division,” Arnaiz said, noting that only 52 schools under the Negros Occidental Division have limited F2F classes last school year.

He said there are schools that need repair as they were affected by Typhoon Odette in December last year.

There are 481 elementary schools and 100 high schools under DepEd-Negros Occidental Division.

Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson yesterday met with Negros Occidental Schools Division Superintendent Marsette Sabbaluca and Provincial Health Officer Dr. Ernell Tumimbang to discuss the preparations for the possible resumption of full F2F classes in November.

Prior to the meeting, the governor said that "right now [the province] already has F2F classes, but is still minimal, I understand what the President wants is 100 percent F2F.”

As for the vaccination of minors, he said “we will have to discuss that and see how we can cover as many as possible, if only to hit the target of face-to-face classes in our province.”

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. encouraged local government units to conduct large-scale immunization drives for booster shots targeting school children to safely resume F2F classes and fully reopen the economy.

Lacson said it is very clear which local government units (LGUs) are not doing well on the vaccination program.

"They have to exert effort and convince their constituents to be vaccinated,” he said, adding that there’s a need to explore what else the province can do to improve the vaccination program.*

Trending

No stories found.

Just in

No stories found.

Branded Content

No stories found.
SunStar Publishing Inc.
www.sunstar.com.ph