A FAMILY of ten lost their house in Totong 3, Barangay Felisa, Bacolod City and belongings to a fire on July 14.

Siblings Nelida and Harry Ramos, their relatives, and grandchildren ended up homeless due to the fire that was triggered by a defective electric fan.

That day, Nelida said she was going to Central Negros Electric Cooperative (Ceneco) to pay for their electric bill.

"I was at Libertad when I learned that our house was gutted by fire and I could not imagine how we would survive after losing our valuable possession - our home,” she said.

Both single, the siblings helped raise their grandchildren, who are children of their nephews and nieces.

Omega Tomias, who attends the same Church with Rotary Club of Bacolod -East (RCBE) Past President Atty. Sonya M. Verdeflor, informed the latter about the incident involving the Ramos family.

The RCBE officials led by President Atty. John Deles responded and decided to extend some necessities to the family which is in line with the club’s Maternal and Child Care Project.

Currently, the family is rebuilding their home.

The Ramos Family thanked the RCBE officials for extending assistance to them.

RCBE past presidents Elsie Jolingan, this writer, Rotaract member Stephen Motalvo and club secretary Karen Fabruada joined the turnover of assistance to the Ramos family on July 27, 2022.