SUGAR Regulatory Administration (SRA) Board Member representing millers Rolando Beltran has also resigned amid the controversies surrounding the issuance of Sugar Order No. 4 that seeks to import 300,000 metric tons (MT) of sugar.

This was confirmed Monday, August 15, 2022, by lawyer Guillermo Tejida III, deputy administrator for Regulations of the SRA.

In a letter to Executive Secretary Vic Rodriguez dated August 14, 2022, Beltran cited health reasons for his resignation.

Beltran was one of the signatories to the said sugar order which was labeled by President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. as “unauthorized and illegal.”

"May I respectfully tender my resignation as a member of the Sugar Board for health reasons,” he said in his letter, adding that “this is without prejudice to any investigation that may be conducted in connection with the issuance of Sugar Order No. 4.”

Beltran said he had already left and said goodbye to the SRA as early as July 1, 2022 upon the expiration of his tour of duty and the issuance of a Memorandum Circular No. 1, s. 2022.

On July 29, 2022, he received an email from the SRA management informing him that he is already in a "holdover capacity.”

“I ignored this email, however, the same email was reiterated and sent again on August 1 and thus reluctantly resumed my duties and responsibilities as such under pain of being accused of dereliction of duty," Beltran emphasized.

Beltran's resignation came after the resignation of Agriculture Undersecretary Leocadio Sebastian over the “unauthorized importation” woes.

Senate President Juan Miguel Zubiri has been urging other signatories to the sugar order to also resign.

SRA Administrator Hermenegildo Serafica and newly appointed SRA Board Member Aurelio Gerardo Valderrama Jr. representing the planters have also signed the said sugar order.