A MAN’S body was covered in burns after being electrocuted while repairing an internet line at Senangote 2, Magugpo East, Tagum City around 8 a.m. on Thursday, August 25.

The victim was identified as Ren Ren Endal, project contractor of a telecommunications company.

According to the investigation from authorities, the victim was following the line of the internet connection but then his head got stuck in a 69 kilovolt (KV) line of the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP).

It was reported that a witness saw a spark at the upper portion of the post that the victim climbed, and suddenly he was thrown away, but he didn't fall, and instead, was hanging withthe harness belt attached to him.

The victim was immediately brought to the nearest hospital after rescuers responded to the area.

Endal managed to be alive despite the burns he incurred.

As of writing, the patient is currently recovering. DTV