A KITCHEN inside the compound of a poultry farm in Sitio Lupo, Barangay Carmen, Toledo City went up in smoke at 10:18 a.m. Friday, February 3, 2023.

An unattended cooking allegedly caused the blaze.

The farm is reportedly owned by a certain Ceasar Sajuala.

Senior Fire Officer 1 Ruthie Omayan of the Bureau of Fire Toledo said in an interview with SunStar Cebu that the fire was put off after being placed on first alarm.

Based on their investigation, Omayan said the company cook allegedly dozed off after preparing the food, when the kitchen suddenly caught fire.

Firemen on board two fire trucks arrived and helped put out the fire.

But there were no reported injuries during the fire, which cost P90,000 in property damage. (GPL/TPT)