A GRADUATE of Southwestern University (SWU) in Cebu City placed first in the June 2023 Physical Therapists Licensure Examination, while two other SWU graduates and another two from Velez College landed in the top 10 list of passers for the June 2023 Occupational Therapists Licensure Examination.
The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) announced Tuesday, June 20, 2023, that 708 out of 1,026 examinees passed the Physical Therapists (PT) Licensure Examination and 128 out of 215 passed the Occupational Therapists (OT) Licensure Examination given by the Board of Physical and Occupational Therapy in the National Capital Region, Baguio, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Legazpi, Pampanga and Rosales this month.
Ranked first in the PT Licensure Examination was Edzelle Mhay Benitez Naquila of SWU who got a passing rate of 89.90 percent.
Loraine Marie Canete Burgos and Judy Marie Cuyag Samson of Velez College placed fourth and fifth, respectively, in the OT Licensure Examination. The former got a rating of 83.80 percent, while the latter got 83.00 percent.
Maria Daina Vanica Zambrano Lim and Kiana Reese Gwyneth Montejo Lastimoso of SWU also made it to the top 10 of the OT Licensure Examination, placing eighth and 10th, respectively. Lim got 82.20 percent, while Lastimoso got 81.40 percent.
The other passers in the top 10 lists are the following:
PT Licensure Examination
1. Edzelle Mhay Benitez Naquila, SWU - 89.90
2. Shayne Fernandez Minasalbas, Iloilo Doctor's College - 89.75
3. Alessandra Loi Tolentino Silva, Wesleyan University-Philippines-Cabanatuan City - 89.20
4. Kathleen Kelly Quinia Bautista, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila - 89.05
5. Dodievic Villena Arma, Remedios T. Romualdez Medical Foundation - 89.00
6. Mikaela Tomenio Azul, University of Santo Tomas - 88.80
7. Kenneth Bryan Agpaoa Facun, University of Perpetual Help System-Laguna - 88.60
8. Carina Joyce Canonigo Caguiat - Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila - 88.30
9. Kaycee Endaya Franco, Lyceum of the Philippines University-Batangas Inc. - 87.65
10. Fatima Therese Velarde Doyon, Remedios T. Romualdez Medical Foundation -- 87.55
Erron Cruz Hernandez, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila -- 87.55
OT Licensure Examination
1. Nadine Frances Yap Reyes, University of the Philippines Manila - 85.40
2. Matthew Luis Lubos Berad, UP Manila - 85.20
3. Khrushchev Creus Magcaling, UP Manila - 84.40
4. Loraine Marie Canete Burgos, Velez College - 83.80
5. Judy Marie Cuyag Samson, Velez College - 83.00
6. Marianela Martinez Zoleta, University of Batangas - 82.60
7. Jeaneva Marie Areola Amper, Davao Doctors College Inc. - 82.40
Ma. Angela Cardano Pacis, Philippine Rehab Institute Foundation Inc.-Quezon City - 82.40
8. Maria Daina Vanica Zambrano Lim, SWU - 82.20
9. Justine Faye Que Wong Hin, University of Santo Tomas - 81.80
10. Michelle Agad Geronimo, Perpetual Help College of Manila - 81,40
Kiana Reese Gwyneth Montejo Lastimoso, SWU - 81.40
See the complete list of passers below.
The PRC said that registration for the issuance of Professional Identification Card (ID) and Certificate of Registration will be done online on August 8 to 11, 2023.
It advised the passers to go to www.prc.gov.ph and follow instructions for initial registration.
“Those who will register are required to bring the following: downloaded duly accomplished Oath Form or Panunumpa ng Propesyonal, notice of admission (for identification only), 2 pieces passport sized pictures (colored with white background and complete name tag), 2 sets of documentary stamps and 1 piece short brown envelope,” the PRC said.
“Successful examinees should personally register and sign in the Roster of Registered Professionals,” it added. (LMY)