Victorias City continued its promotion of inclusive education as it sealed partnerships with the Technological University of the Philippines-Visayas and STI West Negros University, Sept. 2, at the Victorias City Resort.

Victorias City Mayor Javier Miguel Benitez led the simultaneous ceremonial signing of the memoranda of agreement with STI-WNU Executive Vice President Dr. Ryan Mark Molina, Victorias City Schools Division Superintendent Dr. Portia Mallorca, CESO V, TUP-V Campus Director Dr. Eric Malo-oy, and SP Committee Chair on Education Councilor Derek Palanca.

In his message, Mayor Javi expressed his excitement about the partnership. “I am very excited to have another milestone for our education sector because I believe that education is the bedrock of any progressive society”, he said.

Under the partnership inked with STI-WNU, a total of 167 teachers in the city will enroll in their graduate school under a scholarship program sponsored by the LGU.

The terms of the agreement dictate that 90% of their tuition fee will be covered by the City of Victorias, while the remaining 10% will be shouldered by the scholars.

Moreover, the partnership established with TUP-V will focus on enriching the community through technical skills training, continuous education, and holistic development, with special attention on bolstering the knowledge and capabilities of farmers and fisher folks through cutting-edge technological training programs.

City Administrator Atty. Lindolf De Castro, City Councilors Warlito Undar, and Audie Malaga were also present along with other school heads from STI-WNU and TUP-V.

This partnership signifies Victorias City's dedication to the advancement of education, shaping a brighter future for its community and beyond. (PR)