THE Department of Education (Deped) has identified five schools in Central Visayas as among the pilot areas of the revised Kinder to 10 (K-10) curriculum.
The schools are the Tindog Integrated School, San Fernando North Central Elementary School, Tabogon Central Elementary School, Dumanjug National High School and Liloan National High School.
The pilot test will start on September 25, 2023.
The DepEd also identified the following school where the revised K-10 curriculum will be implemented first:
* Calafug Elementary School
* Rizal Elementary School
* Dona Aurora National High School
* Lam-ayan Integrated School
* Bineng National High School
* Dampalit Integrated School
* Santiago Syjuco Memorial School
* Muzon Elementary School
* Tinajeros National High School
* Santiago Syjuco Memorial ISS
* Cabaruan Integrated School
* Caba Central Elementary School
* Acao Elementary School
* Casacristo National High School
* Don Rufino Olarte MNHS
* Cauayan North CS
* Dingading Is
* Villa Teresita PS
* Lanna National High School
* Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo National High School
* Mlang Pilot Elementary School
* Lamlifew Integrated School
* Alegria Central Elementary School
* Malalag National High School -Upo Annex
* Alegria National High School
City of Butuan
* Baobaoan Integrated School
* Pedro D. Duncano National High School
Surigao del Norte
* Suyangan Elementary School
* Socorro National High School
Agusan del Norte
* Santiago CES
Under the Matatag curriculum, Grade 1 students will have five subjects such as language, reading and literacy, mathematics, makabansa, and good manners and right conduct (GMC) instead of seven -- mother tongue, Filipino, English, Mathematics, Araling Panlipunan, MAPEH and Edukasyon sa Pagpapakatao.
For grade 2 students, subjects are mathematics, makabansa and GMRC while language and reading and literacy will be replaced by English and Filipino subjects.
Science subjects will be added on top of the five others by Grade 3.
From Grades 4 to 10, there will be eight subjects such as Filipino, English, Science, Mathematics, Araling Panlipunan, MAPEH, Technology and Livelihood Education (TLE) and GMRC.
The revised curriculum will be implemented on Kindergarten, Grades 1, 4 and 7 on School Year (SY) 2024 to 2025; for Grades 2, 5 and 8 on SY 2025 to 2026; on the following school year for grades 3, 6 and 9 and on the last year of the administration (SY 2027-2028) for Grade 10.
The agency aims to have the Matatag curriculum fully implemented by 2028. (SunStar Philippines)