NEGROS Occidental Provincial Police Office (Noppo) Director Manuel Felix directed Monday the Silay City Police to arrest the suspects of the recent robbery incident in its area of responsibility.

Felix has reminded Police Superintendent Jerry Bartolome of the "three-strike policy" of PRO-Western Visayas Director Samuel Pagdilao Jr., after several robbery hold-up incidents occurred in their area.

Updates on President Benigno Aquino III's presidency

Last week, a delivery van of Tanduay Distillery Inc. was robbed in broad daylight in Silay City, while a salesman identified as Richard Santiago, 36, a resident of Barangay Villamonte, Bacolod City, was also robbed at Barangay Guimbalaon, Silay.

Bartolome said Santiago claimed that three suspects wearing bonnet armed with unknown caliber of firearms blocked their vehicle and declared the heist.

Santiago was wounded by splinters during the robbery after one of the suspects shot and hit the windshield of the vehicle.

He said the robbers took Santiago's P98,000 cash collection, N73 cellular phone, and a wristwatch owned by his helper Felipe Jacobo.

Bartolome said they are now conducting manhunt operations for the arrest of the suspects.

Felix said the Noppo officers who are found to be remiss in their duties and responsibilities will be relieved, in accordance with Pagdilao's directive. (MAP)