MALACANANG hopes that the United Kingdom would lift its travel advisory against the Philippines following a bomb blast at Zamboanga International Airport last Thursday.
Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda said the Philippine National Police had already ruled that explosion was of political nature than a terrorist or suicide bomber attack.
“Sana makita ng embahada ng United Kingdom na ito po ay walang kinalaman sa tourism at hopefully baguhin po nila ang kanilang advisory,” he said.
The UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) issued Friday a travel advisory warning its nationals against travel to some parts of Mindanao citing the bombing incident in Zamboanga where a British national was among those injured, and that terrorists may attack any time
"We advise against all but essential travel to the remainder of Mindanao. This is because of ongoing terrorist activity there have been a number of terrorist attacks against civilian targets, the most recent on 5 August 2010 at Zamboanga airport where an explosion injured 15 people including a British national," the advisory said.
"We advise against all travel to specific areas of the Philippines and against all but essential travel to other specific areas of the Philippines," it added.(AMN/Sunnex)