MANILA -- Police said Tuesday that six people were electrocuted by a light bulb that short circuited while they were working on a septic tank.

Reports from police and dzRH radio station said eight people were working on the septic tank in Guinlajon village in the central Bicol region when one of them was shocked after being exposed to a live wire.

Five others who came to his help were also electrocuted late Monday.

Police spokesman Agrimero Cruz said two people survived and are being treated in a hospital for severe burns. (AP)