A MAKATI court stood pat in its decision to release from prison the former househelp of alleged pork barrel scam mastermind Janet Napoles for lack of evidence on a qualified theft case.

Public Attorney's Office Chief Persida Acosta said Napoles' husband Jaime and her brother Reynald Lim no longer questioned the October 2013 ruling issued by the Makati City Regional Trial Court 145 in favor of Dominga Cadelina.

The former maid has been freed from PAO custody now that the court's decision became final.

Cadelina allegedly took away Napoles' belongings, which the maid thought were gifts from her boss. She was on her way out of the subdivision early last year when guards blocked her and inspected the bag, which contained the items she supposedly stole.

The items include luxury bags, women's underwear and clothes, which Napoles pegged at $13,400.

However, Judge Carlito Calpatura said the complainants failed to prove that the items were actually stolen.

Cadelina was detained for eight months until October 2013 at the Makati City Jail, where Napoles was held from August 29 to September 1 of the same year for the alleged illegal detention of scam whistleblower Benhur Luy.

Napoles, the alleged brains of the scam which diverted pork barrel to fake foundations, convinced the court to transfer her to Fort Sto. Domingo in Sta. Rosa, Laguna, citing security risks. (Sunnex)