THE Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) is verifying the claim of Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte that the four people abducted last week by armed men allegedly linked to the Abu Sayyaf Group have been taken to Sulu.
“Madaming pumasok na information na nagtuturo na nasa isla ng Jolo at ASG ang gumawa pero dahil hindi pa ito nava-validate hindi kami makapagbigay ng final na balita dahil patuloy pa ang ginagawa ng pulis at mga kasama natin na pagbeberipika,” AFP spokesperson Restituto Padilla said Monday.
He said even their informants have yet to make a confirmation.
“Mismong impormante natin hindi pa nakikita ang presence ng kidnap victims kaya ma-ingat ang AFP at pulis sa pagbibigay ng balita at pahayag tungkol dito,” he added.
Padilla also urged Duterte to continuously cooperate with the authorities by giving reliable information so as “to fasten the process” of rescuing the kidnap victims.
Norwegian Kjartan Sekkingstad, Canadians John Ridsdel and Robert Hall and Hall’s girlfriend Marites Flor were abducted on September 21 by men who introduced themselves as members of the New People’s Army at the Holiday Ocean View Marina in Samal Island.
Duterte, on the other hand, said he received intelligence information that one of the armed men resembled a member of the ASG based on security footage.
But Padilla said no group has immediately claimed responsibility for the abductions. (Sunnex)