THE Cebu City Government will bid out the construction of the new Cebu City Medical Center (CCMC) next month.

Councilor Mary Ann delos Santos, chairperson of the CCMC ad hoc committee, said the program of works and estimates (Powe) for the project will be completed by Dr. Shaun Espina and his son Architect Miko Espina by June 16.

The Espinas are members of the ad hoc committee and are also responsible for the plan and design of the new hospital.

Delos Santos, in an interview yesterday, said that once the Powe will be finished, it will then be submitted to the Department of Engineering and Public Works (DEPW) for evaluation.

The City is targeting to bid out and award the project by July and start the

construction by month's end.

"Call it ambitious but hopefully, we can start everything by that time," she said.

Due to budgetary constraints, delos Santos said that the hospital will be built in phases.

The first phase will include the hospital's foundation and the first three floors.

It will be funded by the P313 million that the City has set aside under the P325 million second supplemental budget for this year.

The construction of a new CCMC, which will be a 10-storey facility with almost 500 beds, is estimated to cost P1.5 billion.

The City continues to raise funds through the “Piso Mo, Hospital Ko” campaign for the additional funds needed.

So far, the fund drive has raised more than P15 million.

The City also tapped the Department of Health and the private sector to help the City meet the budgetary requirement.

The City is building a new hospital after the CCMC building along N. Bacalso Ave. was damaged during the 7.2-magnitude earthquake in October last year.