A TAXI driver was shot dead by unidentified suspects on Highway 77, Barangay Talamban, Cebu City on Sunday dawn.

Carlito Villaver Gelledo, 47, was found with a gunshot wound on his nape.

At 2:35 a.m., a certain Kenneth Rodriguez, 20, was on his motorcycle in the area when he heard a gunshot.

Rodriguez reportedly saw a man inside a Yoo Taxi with plate number GXV 365.

The man wearing a red and black jacket, reportedly disembarked from the back seat and hurriedly ran toward Sitio Cadaohan.

When Rodriguez checked the vehicle, he saw the body of Gelledo with a gunshot on his nape.

He then called for police assistance.

SPO4 Rey Cuyos of the Homicide Section of the Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) said they will still have to check the motive of the shooting.

Gelledo’s earnings were still intact, amounting to almost P2,800. His personal belongings, such as a cellular phone and wallet, were still there.

A sketch of the suspect’s physical appearance will be made.

Cuyos said they are still gathering more witnesses who might have seen the suspect and victim prior to the incident.

“Robbery may not be the motive since his things were still there,” said Cuyos.

Police will also check the victim’s background.

Four killed

Four people were killed in separate shooting and stabbing incidents in Cebu Province

last Sunday.

Joel Capangpangan, 35, was gunned down by two men on a motorcycle in Barangay Matun-og, Balamban at 8 a.m.

Police said residents heard gunfire some 30 meters away in Sitio Lantawan.

They saw the victim in blood and lying on the road while the unidentified assailants with faces wrapped in clothes sped off.

Six empty shells and a deformed slug of .45 pistol were recovered. The police are investigating the motive of the incident.

Meanwhile, Jesus Fuentes, 44, was shot dead by an unidentified assailant in Barangay Bullogan, Dumanjug past 7 p.m.

PO2 Romeo Legaspi Jr. said the victim was walking home with his wife when the assailant appeared and shot dead Fuentes thrice in the body.

The police are conducting a follow-up operation to identify the assailant and his motive.

Two hours later, Godfrey Glavol, 25, was shot and killed by two unknown persons in First Batch, District 4, Barangay Pulpogan, Consolacion.

The victim was standing beside a store when he was suddenly shot at 9:20 p.m., police said.

Glavol died from gunshot wounds in his head, hands and knee.

A female resident told police she was in her store when she heard gunfire. She saw the victim fell while the suspects fled.

Glavol was brought to Mendero Hospital, but later died.

Eight empty shells of .45 pistol were recovered by police.

The police are checking the victim’s background to establish the possible motive of

the shooting.


In Barangay Looc, Danao City, Freddie Cuso, 47, was allegedly stabbed to death with a flat screw by Gerry Perer, 46, past 11 p.m.

Police said the victim was sleeping in his house with a woman when the suspect attacked him.

Cuso died from stab wounds in his chest and back. Perer, for his part, surrendered to the police shortly after the incident.

In an interview with Sun.Star Superbalita Cebu, Perer said the woman Cuso was sleeping with was his live-in partner.

“Wa ko kadawat nga giilisdan ko niya (I couldn’t accept that she dumped me for someone

else),” he said. He will face complaint for murder.