THE Black Pearl Security Agency (BPSA) will not be securing any property of the Cebu Provincial Government anytime soon.

Gov. Hilario Davide III has disqualified the agency as the winning bidder based on the recommendation of the provincial bids and awards committee (PBAC) during the post-qualification evaluation.

BPSA started service in the Capitol last June 1 after Tactical Security Agency Inc.’s contract expired last May 31.

The move was reportedly voluntary, as the PBAC had yet to issue a notice of award.

Last Friday, the governor terminated Capitol’s temporary engagement with BPSA after receiving more reports involving its personnel.

Capitol Chief Security Officer Loy Madrigal said 20 policemen from the Cebu Provincial Police Office and members of the Province’s Civil Service Unit (CSU) have been temporarily assigned to secure the Capitol compound.

GPPB’s opinion

As to how long the PNP members will stay, Davide said this will depend on whether a new bidding will be conducted or if the two other “losing” bidders will undergo post-qualification evaluation.

When the PBAC spotted inconsistencies in BPSA’s technical requirements during the post-qualification evaluation, it sought the opinion of the Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB).

Davide said they will wait for GPPB’s opinion on the matter.

Last month, the governor issued Executive Order 12 to change the composition of PBAC.

He wanted “goods and services” and “infrastructure” to combine as one group.

The executive order took effect yesterday.

Its purpose was to save time and resources and had nothing to do with the current issue, Davide said.

Members of the PBAC include Atty. Orvi Ortega; General Services Officer Jone Seigfred Sepe; Provincial Administrator Mark Tolentino; Provincial Assessor Alma Sibonga; and Provincial Engineer Hector Jamora. (With Janelle Arcayos, USJ-R Mass Com intern)