CITY OF SAN FERNANDO -- Newly installed officials and directors of the Provincial Government of Pampanga Employees Union were challenged Wednesday by Governor Lilia Pineda to set aside vested self-interests and instead work together with Capitol in looking after the welfare of Kapampangans.

During their oath-taking rites at the Governor's Office, Pineda told the core of the union that looking after the welfare of its members is "just 20 percent and that the remaining 80 percent should be dedicated to serving the people of Pampanga."

"I urge you to work with the administration in working for the welfare of Kapampangans. The union is not only for self-interests but generally, as public servants, you must be dedicated to serving our fellow Kapampangans. Your help and cooperation are keys in our mandate. Your loyalty to Kapampangans and those we serve are very important," the governor said.

Pineda also emphasized that the union should look after the performance and discipline of its members, as well as work on pending issues like housing concerns, added benefits on education and trainings Capitol is conducting for its more than 2,000 employees.

"Do work on your benefits like housing where some land titles at the proposed provincial government site are ready to be raffled off. Also, grab opportunities like educational loans being offered by Pag-Ibig.

Participate too on our trainings like the culinary courses set to start on Tuesday. We will assist you in your endeavors. So far, in the four years I have been here in Capitol, wala naman akong narinig na balukto tungkol sa union. Congratulations!" the governor said.