A LABORER died while his companion was injured when both fell from an establishment in Mandaue City.
They were doing repairs on the building's rooftop at 11 a.m. yesterday when they fell reportedly from an electric shock .
A duty nurse confirmed that Francisco Camangyan, 24, of San Vicente Ferrer, Barangay Tabok, Mandaue City died before reaching the Mandaue City Hospital.
Welder Rolly Sagayle, 25, was rushed by the Emergency Rescue Unit Foundation (Eruf) to the Perpetual Succour Hospital for treatment.
PO1 Marlon Gravela of the Mandaue City Police Office said Camangyan and Sagayle were doing repairs on top of the Citi Hardware building in Barangay Tabok.
Camangyan reportedly stepped on a live wire and received an electric shock, which also jolted Sagayle who held on to his partner.
Both fell from the top of the building, which Gravela described to be as high as an electric post.
Mandaue police were the first to respond to the scene and rushed the victims to the hospitals.
Witnesses claim the two victims were not wearing safety gear while doing the repairs. (FMG)