DIVERSION Road was again closed from all types of vehicles starting Sunday evening following a minor landslide at the Old Dumpsite Section to give way for the clearing operation conducted by the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), prompting vehicular traffic near the area.

DPWH-Davao spokesperson Dean Ortiz told SunStar Davao on Monday, October 30, that as of 1 p.m., the affected area along Carlos P. Garcia Highway remained closed as the clearing of the road by their personnel took place.

He said the clearing would take whole day to totally free the area of debris after the soil occupied a lane along the road. Ortiz said they will provide information to the public once the clearing is done.

Based on the public advisory posted on their Facebook page, the landslide happened around 2 p.m., Sunday, that prompted them to close the diversion road to northbound traffic.

As of 7 p.m. on October 29, it was totally closed to vehicular traffic and the motorists were encouraged to take alternate routes as the repair and implementation of mitigating measures to prevent further erosion is ongoing.

They also apologized for the inconvenience that the landslide has caused to the motorists.

No casualty was recorded so far.

The closure has also caused massive traffic jam as all vehicles are now passing through McArthur Highway, including cargo trucks and several commuters were stuck because of the heavy traffic.