A MAN who helped locate alleged gunman Jessie Largo claimed that operatives of the Talisay City Police Station gave them only a portion of the P200,000 reward given by the City Government.
In a TV Patrol Central Visayas report yesterday, Elias (not his real name) claimed that city police chief Supt. Jason Villamater didn’t give him the full P200,000 that Mayor Eduardo Gullas had put up for Largo’s arrest.
Elias claimed that they received only P79,000 from Villamater. He reported the matter to the Cebu Provincial Police Office (CPPO).
Villamater denied Elias’ claim and said the entire amount was released to him.
Both Elias and Villamater met with CPPO Director Senior Supt. Edgar Allan Okubo yesterday to settle the matter.
In an interview after the meeting, Villamater denied the allegation. He claimed that they gave Elias the P200,000 cash reward last Monday.
But Villamater said he didn’t realize that Elias had four other companions who helped locate Largo. He only found out about it during their meeting with Okubo.
During their meeting, Elias told him that his wife had kept the money and that it has yet to be distributed to his fellow informants as of yesterday.
Last month, Villamater and operatives of his station and of the Police Regional Office 7 conducted an operation against Largo, which led to his death.
Largo was accused of killing John Ronli Calizar, the son of a government information officer, three months ago. (JKV)