A FARMER was electrocuted in Barangay Sibugay, Cebu City last Thursday morning. Bernabe Sibonghanoy, 46, was electrocuted when a bamboo pole he was holding touched a live wire from an electric post.

His wife, Gina, saw what happened and tried to help but she, too, was sucked in.

Witnesses were able to save Gina, who suffered injuries from electric shocks.

Sibonghanoy was not as lucky. Most of the injuries that killed him were on his neck.

Police found no foul play in the incident, saying it was an accident. (JOB)