AN OVERCHARGED cellphone is likely to have caused a fire that razed a house in Barangay Poblacion, Danao City on Wednesday, November 29.

Fire Officer 1 George Jacob Pasaol said an overcharged cellphone may have started the blaze.

No one was injured during the incident as family members were out of the house.

The owner of the house was identified as Nerissa Beduya. The structure was mostly made of wood.

Danao City Fire Station received the alarm past 2 p.m. The fire failed to damage neighboring structures as firefighters put it out about two minutes later.

The estimate of the damaged structure was pegged at P15,000. (KAL/SunStar Cebu)