ONE of the five Cagayan de Oro City policemen accused in the October 23, 2016 kidnapping of Enrique Fernandez III has been transferred from his detention at the city jail in Barangay Lumbia to the Misamis Oriental Provincial Jail (MOPJ).
MOPJ warden Dominador Tagarda said Police Officer 3 (PO3) Alejandro Ubanan is now detained at the MOPJ after they received the commitment order Tuesday last week, December 12.
"Dawaton man namo diri basta naay order sa korte nga nagdungog sa iyang bug-at nga rason (We accept as long as there is a court order),"Tagarda said.
Tagarda said Ubanan had filed a motion to transfer after getting in conflict with an inmate or an employee of the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP).
Tagarda said a detainee can ask the court for transfer of detention if his life is in danger.
"Sumala sa iyang giingon nag motion siya to transfer kay dunay ba to siyay nakontra nga inmate or empleyado sa BJMP (According to him, he filed a motion to transfer because he had a conflict with maybe one of the inmates of BJMP employee)," Tagarda said.
Tagarda said Ubanan also mentioned that the other accused had also asked the court to be transferred.
The MOPJ warden clarified that Ubanan will not be accorded any special treatment and he has to follow the regulations and policies inside the jail facility.
"Bisan kinsa ka pa susama sa mga ordinaryong piniriso ang treatment dinhi nga pantay-pantay. Kung police ka dati sa gawas di ka pwede mag-pinolis diri (Whoever you are we treat all inmates here equal. If he is a police officer outside, he can't do it inside the MOPJ anymore),"Tagarda said.
Ubanan, together with Police Senior Inspector Ereneo Ramirez, Senior Police Officer 2 (SPO2) Jojo Lim, SPO1 Alaindelon Tacubao and PO2 Sangkula Hussein, all former members of the Crime Against Persons and Property Desk (CAPPD) of the Cagayan de Oro City Police Office (Cocpo) were charged with kidnapping.
The five policemen were seen taking Fernandez forcibly inside a car and left after several minutes outside the Uptown Condotel in Upper Balulang, this city.
Fernandez' mother, Jean, said it may be God's will as she remains hoping that Ubanan or any of the accused would speak up and tell the truth.
This as she said that the family is still facing a blank wall as to what happened to the victim and where he was brought then, more than a year since the incident.
"It maybe God's way who knows basin naa chance nga mosulti na siya kay until now we don't know where is our son," the mother said.
She said the court will conduct a speedy trial on January 24 and 25 and February 7 and 8, next year, to hear the accused' motion for bail.