Power situation in Davao back to normal

AFTER several days of rotating blackouts, Davao City’s power situation in the city as of November 6, 2015 is back to normal, the Davao Light and Power Company (DLPC) said.

However, the power distribution utility said that the improved power situation is only for the city as other areas in Mindanao is still experiencing power interruptions as one of the National Grid Corporation of the Philippine (NGCP's) towers in Patani, Marawi City, was bombed, affecting the 138-kilovolt (kV) Agus-Kibawe Transmission Line, which connects Agus 1 and 2 to the main grid.

The two hydro plant’s combined power capacity is at 260 MW.

“So far, Davao City’s power supply is relatively stable however in other parts of the island, still, may brownouts pa,” DLPC executive vice president and chief operating officer Art Milan said on Friday at the sidelines of the 3rd Davao Investment Conference 2015 at the SMX Convention Center.

The power utility distribution's average power supply allocation on Friday is at 324 MW for peak hours (8:00 a.m. to 12 p.m.), posing a very tight net supply of 4 MW as against the city’s average demand during peak hours at 320 MW.

DLPC has a total of 273 MW contracted supply from National Power Corporation (NPC)-Power Sector Assets and Liabilities Management Corporation (Psalm) for November of this year is at 273 MW, only 182 MW is only generated to it.

Adding to the 182 MW contracted power capacity from NPC is the other power supply contracts of DLPC with Hedcor Sibulan and Talomo (43 MW), Therma Marine Inc. (21 MW), and Therma South Inc. (48 MW) and the power generated from the Bajada Power Plant (30 MW), resulting in DLPC's total average supply of 324 MW.

Last week, DLPC implemented a total of two-hour and 30 minutes rotating power interruption in Davao City after power deficiency reached 27-megawatt (MW).

“Now, we do not have deficiency, but our net over supply is only 4 MW, very tight,” Rossano C. Luga, AVP for DLPC's Reputation Enhancement Department for his part said.

Meanwhile, NGCP is still in the process of investigation of the bombing incident to determine cause of tripping, which occurred on the evening of October 29. Once the area is cleared, restoration will be immediately conducted.

style="display:block; text-align:center;"
data-ad-layout="in-article"
data-ad-format="fluid"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2836569479021745"
data-ad-slot="1977900730">


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph