MISAMIS Oriental Governor Yevgeny Emano on Wednesday, December 27, announced that the Provincial Government will give calamity assistance to capitol workers affected by the flooding wrought by Tropical Storm Vinta last week.
Emano called some 75 workers including five department heads who were all victims of the flood in Cagayan de Oro City and Misamis Oriental.
Nicole Managbanag, provincial information officer, said during the meeting of the local finance committee, that the governor is willing to incur a “cash advance” so he can immediately provide assistance to the employees.
Emano has also commended the readiness of the provincial and municipal disaster offices including the police and all who took part in keeping the residents safe when “Vinta” struck the province.
“And this is because the province has achieved the aim for 'zero casualty',” he was quoted as saying.
The capitol's top official assured those affected that their needs have been addressed and food packs are timely delivered.
He also lauded the province-run hospitals and the schools that served as temporary shelters for the displaced families for preparing well in those trying times.
Emano said when calamity strikes, he would call all male employees of the Capitol to the command post to help monitor the flood and landslide prone areas of the province.
The Provincial Government is also planning to purchase water tanks so it can help residents in Cagayan de Oro City and the province when the supply of water is scarce.