TEN people were reported injured in a mall stampede over the weekend in Angeles City, Pampanga.
Police said the stampede happened as people panicked after hearing a minor explosion from an electric cigarette.
Senior Inspector Edwin Laxamana, of the Angeles City Police Station 1, said people thought it was a bullet fire.
But the battery that exploded came from an e-cigarette that was being fixed.
The incident happened at 7 p.m.
People who panicked broke a glass panel to create an exit.
The injured persons were brought to a hospital for treatment.