AUTHORITIES will file two counts of murder against identified New People's Army (NPA) members who killed Datu Banadjao Mampaundag and son Jhonard on Sunday at Sitio Igang, Barangay Palma Gil, Talaingod, Davao del Norte.
Speaking during Wednesday's AFP-PNP press forum at The Royal Mandaya Hotel, Police Chief Inspector Wenefredo Regidor, chief of the investigation sector of Davao del Norte Provincial Police Office, said that the documents are ready for regular filing before the court.
However, he said that the families of the victims requested their office to give them time before they process their affidavit and file their complaints after the burial of their slain family member.
"Identified na yong mga suspects and the affidavits are already being prepared. Ang hinihintay na lang is yong complainant, the wife. Kanina pinallow-up, they requested nga ipahiluna sa ang patay nga lawas and then after for regular filing na," Regidor said.
Asked on the identities of the suspects, Regidor refused to name them until the investigation will be completed.
The suspects were pinpointed by the witnesses, especially the family members who were acquainted with the suspects who barged inside their house.
He said there were allegedly 12 Tagalog-speaking gunmen pretending to be soldiers. These gunmen barged into the victims' house and shot them on the afternoon of February 4. However, only nine suspects were identified so far.
Eastern Mindanao Command (Eastmincom) Public Information Officer (PIO) Major Ezra Balagtey said that the slain tribal leader even participated at the Leaders' Summit on Thursday, Feb. 1, dubbed as "Panagtagbo Alang sa Kalinaw ug Kalambuan" at the Naval Station Felix Apolinario, Panacan, Davao City wherein they met President Rodrigo Duterte and had a dialogue regarding their issues and concerns in the hinterland.