AN ELDERLY woman was injured after her house was damaged by fire at Regeant Pearl Homes Subdivision DC-3 in Barangay Alijis, Bacolod City Friday night, the Bureau of Fire Protection said.
Wounded was Isabelita Garcia, 70. She sustained first degree burns in her face.
Chief Inspector Publio Ploteña, city fire marshal, said the fire broke out at 6:49 p.m. from the second floor.
Garcia, who was alone then, did not leave the house yet as she reportedly tried to put out the fire on her own.
Her neighbors eventually helped her and firemen immediately responded.
Garcia was brought to a hospital.
The fire that destroyed an estimated P100,000 worth of properties, was put out at 7:33 p.m.
Ploteña said the fire was reportedly caused by an unattended candle, but they have yet to confirm it.