Palace condoles with kin, victims of Florida shooting

MALACAÑANG on Thursday, February 15, extended sympathies and condolences to the families and victims of mass shooting in a Florida high school that killed at least 17 people.

"May we first offer a moment of silence for the victims of mass shooting that occurred in Florida," Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. said in a press conference.

"We'd like to reiterate that violence has no place in the society. We condole with the families and friends of victims," he added.

Reports said a gunman, an alleged former student of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, opened fire on terrified students and teachers inside the educational facility, leaving a death toll of 17 individuals.

READ: School shooting suspect made 'disturbing' social media posts

The lone suspect was identified as Nikolas Cruz, a 19-year-old who had been reportedly expelled from the school for "disciplinary reasons." (SunStar Philippines)

style="display:block; text-align:center;"
data-ad-layout="in-article"
data-ad-format="fluid"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2836569479021745"
data-ad-slot="1977900730">


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph