SECTIONS
Thursday, April 25, 2019

Loud activities not allowed during Holy Week: CH

TO keep the solemnity of the observance of Holy Week, vendors and business establishments in Cebu City are banned from creating loud, disturbing music and sights.

Mayor Tomas Osmeña yesterday signed an executive order (EO) implementing a temporary entertainment ban from 11 p.m. of March 29 (Holy Thursday) until 5 a.m. of March 31 (Black Saturday).

EO 038 prohibits the holding of discos, videokes, concerts and mini concerts, shows, gigs, live band performances, events, and parties.

These also include activities that entail or require putting up or using loud speakers and other sound devices, all other acts and activities creating loud and disturbing music, and other similar activities.

However, religious activities requiring the use of microphones, megaphones, sound systems and the like are exempted.

Temporary removal

A copy of the signed document was uploaded on the official Facebook page of the mayor yesterday afternoon.

The Cebu City Police Office (CCPO), City Transportation Office (CCTO) and the Prevention, Restoration, Order, Beautification and Enhancement Office are authorized to enforce the order in accordance with existing rules and regulations.

Meanwhile, the CCTO will temporarily remove metal railings that were installed in the center of the Cebu South Coastal Road (CSCR) to allow drivers easier access.

Last month, Osmeña imposed a “no left turn policy” on the CSCR, particularly from the Mambaling Access Road in the South Road Properties (SRP), saying the area is accident-prone.

In a phone interview, CCTO operations head Francisco Ouano said the area will be open on Friday from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. the following day, as the Cebu Link Joint Venture conducts general survey works throughout the SRP as part of its preparation for the construction of the Cebu-Cordova Link Expressway.

In a separate interview, Councilor Dave Tumulak said the City will place on standby eight ambulances for the Holy Week.

Tumulak, head of the City Council committee on peace and order, said personnel from the Bureau of Fire Protection and CCPO will patrol the city.

He also advised those going home to the provinces to secure their appliances and to ask neighbors to keep watch over their houses. (RTF)
style="display:block; text-align:center;"
data-ad-layout="in-article"
data-ad-format="fluid"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2836569479021745"
data-ad-slot="1977900730">


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!