SECTIONS
Thursday, April 25, 2019

Carnival closure possible

CARNIVAL operations at Burnham Park may face closure if safety guidelines are not met.

This week, Mayor Mauricio Domogan said if safety certifications are not submitted by the City Engineering Office [CEO] and the City Buildings and Architecture Office (CBAO) for operations of Belazar Ola, the entire carnival may face total closure.

The mayor said to date, there have been no certifications given by the CEO and CBAO to vouch for the safety of rides in the Burnham area, despite this, the carnival continues to operate.

Last week, Domogan said his orders on closure are clear and if Ola continues to operate then violations will be in order for the carnival although there have been no sanctions to date.

Weeks ago, an inspection by CEO Engineers Renato Ciano, Rommel Pascual, Israel Galvez and Samuel Salvador found rides lacking safety measures.

Previously, Ola, president of Linked–in Corporation, said only partial closure of rides has ensued with only two of the eight rides undergoing maintenance checks.

Ola said the findings of the CEO and CBAO can be repaired quickly, not meriting closure and sent SunStar Baguio a copy of a safety certification issued by Engineer Michael Roces, safety and equipment inspector of MMR Safety and Security Consultancy Services based in Marikina City.
style="display:block; text-align:center;"
data-ad-layout="in-article"
data-ad-format="fluid"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2836569479021745"
data-ad-slot="1977900730">


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!