THE Iloilo Provincial Government awarded the top real property and business taxpayers and best performing municipalities in treasury services for the year 2017 in a simple ceremony at the Provincial Capitol lobby on Thursday, April 12.
Governor Arthur Defensor, Sr. led the distribution of plaques and certificates to the awardees together with Acting Provincial Treasurer Jean Maire Umadhay, Assistant Provincial Treasurer Rosalia Aguiling and Board Member Demy Sonza.
Awarded as top real property taxpayers were:
1) Universal Robina Corporation (San Enrique) – P4,737,079
2) San Miguel Corporation (Leganes) – P4,081,502
3) Communities Iloilo, Inc. (Oton) – P3,290,992
4) Coca Cola Bottlers Phils, Inc. (Pavia) – P2,618,218
5) Palm Concepcion Power Corp. (Concepcion) – P1,925,066
6) Pepsi Cola Products Phils., Inc. (San Miguel) – P1,827,451
7) Jessyl Jane Olivares (Igbaras) – P1,657,707
8) Vitarich Corp. (Pavia) – P1,570,529
9) Anhawan Development Inc. (Oton) – P1,554,340
10) Robinsons Land Corp. (Pavia) – P1,414,344.
Named top business taxpayers were:
1) Coca Cola Bottlers FEMSA Phils.,Inc. (Pavia) – P10,708,050
2) Pepsi Cola Products Phils. Inc. (San Miguel) – P5,241,355
3) San Miguel Foods, Inc. (Pavia) – P4,180,686
4) Communities Iloilo Inc. (Pavia) – P3,793,191
5) New Panay Agri-Ventures Development Inc. (Pavia) – 3,652,194
6) SPC Island Power Corp. (Dingle) – P3,279,164
7) Property Company of Friends (Pavia) – 3,232,208
8) 8990 Housing Development Corp. (Pavia) – 2,757,077
9) First Pacific Fortune Commercial Corp. (Gaisano Capital Oton) – P2,094,099
10) Palm Concepcion Power Corp. (Concepcion) – P1,785,936
Also given citations were the top performers in realty tax collection where the Municipality of Santa Barbara got first place in Category A and the Municipality of Concepcion for Category B.
The top performers in the prompt remittance of provincial tax shares were also awarded with the Municipality of Bingawan getting the first place.
The Municipality of Mina bagged first place in the top performers in tax records management category.
The Municipality of Pavia was awarded the Hall of Fame in the collection of Annual Fixed Tax for Delivery Trucks and Vans.
Awards were also given to the top performers in the early submission of e-statement of receipts and expenditures (e-SRE) reports, top RPT focal persons, and top e-SRE focal persons.
Governor Defensor thanked the private firms for promptly paying their real property and business taxes to the local government units.
The governor noted that the taxes paid by the various firms greatly help in the development of the province.
He also acknowledged the role of the Provincial Treasurer’s Office and the municipal treasury offices in the efficient collection of realty and business taxes. (PR)