SUMMER has long been synonymous with beach trips. For most girls, this means short shorts and body-baring bikinis, but for some, this also means getting rid of unwanted body hair in the best possible way before stepping out in said shorts and bikinis. When it comes to hair removal—while shaving does get the job done—waxing is a much better method as it guarantees longer periods of smoothness and finer hair regrowth. Also, it’s always a good idea to leave it to the pros.
One of the places to avail of waxing services in the city is No Strips Waxing Salon, a homegrown brand that is dedicated to organic cold waxing, eyebrow and semi-permanent makeup (hyperrealistic microblading) services for both men and women. It is owned and operated by husband and wife Jason and Farrah Nazareth, who first introduced No Strips to Cebu in June 2014.
“As clients of the waxing industry since 10 years ago way back in the Middle East, we felt we were coming up short in the search for high quality, luxurious, quick service and affordably priced waxing services here in Cebu. Not being successful in finding the happy medium we were looking for, and spurred on by our belief that waxing is a lifestyle and not an occasional treat, we followed our hunch and passion that a dedicated waxing salon was a good bet,” said the couple.
There may be a plethora of waxing salons peppered around the metro, but here are five good reasons to choose No Strips:
1. It’s got unique interiors. Each of its existing branches is uniquely themed. The Robinsons Galleria Cebu branch is New York-themed, as New York is where Brazilian wax was born. The Robinsons Cybergate branch is London-themed, as the city is where waxing is quite popular. The first-ever No Strips branch, which is at Raintree Mall, is tropical-themed as an homage to Cebu.
2. It uses organic cold lemon gel wax. As the name suggests, there are no strips at No Strips. This ensures a gentler and virtually painless experience as opposed to hot strip wax. The sugar gel is composed of 100 percent all-natural lemon with green tea extract, leaving your skin exfoliated, baby-smooth, and hydrated. Cold waxing also means no heating, and no double-dipping of spatulas, so you are assured of good sanitation.
3. Its wax technicians are experts. Its tagline reads, “Live smoother with Cebu’s waxperts,” and rightfully so. They undergo a multi-level, highly specialized intensive training program, as well as assessments for three months. They perform an average of 50 to 60 waxes per day, and even more during weekends, holidays or peak season.
4. Affordable services. No Strips has waxing services for both male and female clients, and these come at relatively lower rates. These include eyebrow threading and whole body waxing (face, upper lip, lower lip, underarms, chest, back, legs and Brazilian.
5. It has a certified permanent-makeup specialist. Its Brow Station services include brow tinting, brow couture, and hyperrealistic microblading for brows that are always on fleek. Its semi-permanent makeup and aesthetics services (classic eyeliner, lip tint, cheek tint, BB glow, and keratin lash lift) are done only by the owner Farrah, who has trained in the Middle East and has multiple certifications to show for it.