THE owner of the Toyota Davao said that he has nothing to do with the killings of former Toyota employees contrary to a claim made by the kin of a former employee who was shot dead recently.
In an official statement sent to Sun.Star Davao on Friday, Toyota owner Boyet Lim explained his side as urged by Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte in a press conference last Friday in connection to an alleged series of deaths of ex-employees who were sued by the company for theft.
“I have nothing to do with the killings of Mr. Zubieta or anyone, and I have no knowledge that there were three others before him under the same circumstances who were similarly killed, as reported to the mayor. Let me likewise make it clear, that I am on the side of everyone calling for the authorities to find the perpetrators of this and all crimes for that matter, and to hale them in court and give them what by law they deserve,” Lim said in a statement.
In a press conference of Mayor Duterte last week, the wife of Francis Zubietatogether with Zubieta’s lawyer sought the mayor’s help saying that the company appears to be out to kill former employees off.
It was claimed that four out of 12 former employees of the company who were all facing theft charges were killed one after the other. The wife and the lawyer, however, did not identify the three others allegedly killed.
Duterte has urged authorities for an investigation be it police and the National Bureau of Investigation to investigate the matter.
Lim said that while the accusation affected him, he does not hold any grudge to the family.
“I do not harbor any grudge against the family of the late Francis Zubieta for falsely reporting to the mayor what should be now causing me rancor. What I feel cannot even amount a fraction of their pain. It must occur to them at some point, however, that they have been conditioned to believe unfounded stories that have only added anguish to their grief,” Lim said.