THE Sandiganbayan First Division upheld on Wednesday its ruling on the request of Senator Ramon Revilla Jr. to be granted a five-hour pass to go to the wake of veteran host German "Kuya Germs" Moreno.

In a resolution, the court said Revilla's motion for reconsideration did not present any new argument aside from those already previously cited and considered by the court.

On Wednesday, Revilla filed an urgent motion for reconsideration before the First Division, which handles the plunder and graft cases filed against him in connection with the pork barrel scam.

Moreno, 82, died last Friday due to cardiac arrest.

Moreno's remains will be brought inside the GMA-7 Network Center in Kamuning, Quezon City starting 5 p.m. of Wednesday for tributes and necrological services.

The First Division earlier said that Revilla's request "could not be considered a special circumstance that deserves exception to the general restrictions on a detention prisoner's right."

Revilla's co-accused, detained Senator Jose "Jinggoy" Estrada, filed a similar request at Sandiganbayan Fifth Division but it was denied.

The court said that granting Estrada's request "would unduly create an impression on the public that accused, being a high-ranking public official is a favored detainee over and above other similarity situated detainees."

Estrada and Revilla are currently detained at the Philippine National Police (PNP) custodial center inside Camp Crame in Quezon City. (Sunnex)