ILIGAN CITY (Updated) -- Two of the six kidnapped sawmill workers in Lanao del Sur had been confirmed beheaded by their abductors, allegedly the Maute brothers of Butig town in Lanao del Sur.
Police Senior Superintendent Rustom Duran, Lanao Sur provincial director, told Sun.Star Cagayan de Oro that around 6 p.m. of April 12, the police in Butig town recovered two bodies placed in blue laminated sacks in Barangay Puktan.
"The bodies were identified as Salvador P. Janubas and Jaymark P. Janubas. The police brought the bodies in Iligan City for medico-legal examination and had been released to their immediate families," Duran said.
Army Colonel Roseller Murillo said the two workers were made to wear orange gowns.
The six workers were kidnapped by gunmen on April 4 in Barangay Sandab, Butig. They were brought to the Maute brothers’ camp in a remote part of Puktan.
On April 10, around 8 p.m., the military led by 103rd Brigade commander Colonel Roseller Murillo negotiated the release of the four kidnapped victims: Julito Janubas, Gabriel Permites, Adonis Mendez and Alfredo Canoos.
On April 11, the freed kidnapped victims were turned over to Butig Mayor Ibrahim Macadatu. They were sent to a government hospital for physical check and later that day the authorities received the report of the beheading.
Late in the afternoon, the kidnapped victims reunited with their families in Barangay Hinaplanon in Iligan City while they waited for the release of the remaining two relatives, Duran said.
Duran said charges would be filed against the suspects for abduction and murder.
Initial report disclosed that the two executed kidnapped victims were suspected as military informants but the military denied the allegation. (With AP/Sun.Star Cagayan de Oro)