THE alleged mastermind in the killing of Pearl Helene Sta. Ana and her son, Denzel, asked the court to junk the cases filed against him by Philippine National Police (PNP).
Richard Sta. Ana, the suspect in killing his wife and one-year-old son, faced the court for the first preliminary investigation on his case of double parricide at the Sta. Rosa City Prosecutors Office.
In a counter-affidavit submitted at the prosecutor's office on Friday afternoon, Richard maintained that he did not kill his wife and son.
Richard said that he cannot perpetrate killing his wife as he said that Pearl had been his girlfriend since high school whom he eventually married.
He also said that Pearl is not having extramarital affair, contrary to the earlier statement of one of the suspects who surrendered to the police, Ramoncito Galo.
Galo claimed that he and another suspect, "Bryan", were contracted for P60,000 by Richard, who then introduced himself as "Jeff" to kill his wife and child as the he suspected that Pearl was having extra marital affair.
Richard, in his counter affidavit, said that he doesn't know Galo and he also have not met with him to plan the killing of his wife in the day of their wedding anniversary.
He also said that on the day his wife and son were killed, he was busy searching for a job in Cubao, Quezon City.
Assistant City Prosecutor Oscar Co set the next preliminary hearing will be held on April 29.
Pearl Helene and her son were hammered by two men who posed as service repairmen in the family's residence in Celina Plains Subdivision in Laguna on March 2.
Denzel died in the hospital few hours after the attack while Pearl, who was also raped, passed away on March 5. (Sunnex)